Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Triton trailer - 7 or 8 ft wide
Day dreaming of replacing my open 2 place trailer with a 2 place enclosed with a ramp, like the Triton TC series

Triton Trailers

I was originally thinking about their 8ft wide model, then I saw the 7ft wide version. Anybody have any experience with either of these?
I'm thinking of the 7ft. with the 8ft you still can't really put them side x side , the 7ft it sits lower as the wheel wells are outside the trailer. It's easier to see... and the tiny bit of extra length isn't a huge deal.
With 8' wide, install tow mirrors on truck.
Snowmobile America. Founded by snowmobilers for snowmobilers.
(02-28-2013, 03:48 AM)eltigre Wrote: With 8' wide, install tow mirrors on truck.

I looked for a decent set up for tow mirrors and didnt find any. Only ones I saw had a brace that rested against the painted portion of the door. If a little bit of that Camden sand gets between the pad and the door, I'd be down to bare metal before I get home.

Seen anything that would work well on a Jeep Grand Cherokee?

(02-27-2013, 10:33 PM)irish_redneck Wrote: I'm thinking of the 7ft. with the 8ft you still can't really put them side x side , the 7ft it sits lower as the wheel wells are outside the trailer. It's easier to see... and the tiny bit of extra length isn't a huge deal.

Yea, I really like the 7fters.
They do sell mirrors that attach to existing ones. Best place to look is a RV dealer (7 O's in Cicero, Gamiln's in Cicero too, Camping World (x39 off the T-way). Do a search on Camping Worlds web site to see what comes up.
http://www.etrailer.com/Custom-Towing-Mi...4AodqW0AGw

grand cherokee slide on mirror exensions

nm/ jusy noticed they're for up to '98 , yours looked newer than that Smile

http://www.jcwhitney.com/temporary-mount...4d1179u0j1
might work ?
TEMPORARY MOUNT UNIVERSAL FIT TOWING MIRROR
•Slips on easily over any side mirror without obstructing existing mirror
•Extends field of vision for safer towing-you'll see better!
•Durable black housing, flat glass
Munson, I picked up some info on some mirrors for you today while at the RV show w/ Jr. As long as I don't forget it, will bring w/ me tomorrow.
Have a 2 place 7 wide. Had a 4 place 7 wide. Traded the 4 place 7 wide in for a 4 place 7 1/2 wide (both 22 ft long plus the V)....hard to believe, but those extra 6 inches make a HUGE difference inside the trailer. Looking to trade my 2 place 7 wide in over the summer for a 7 1/2 wide 2 place if I can make the deal work.

Another thing to consider in this is the weight. A TC series ... and all "hybrid" style trailer from all manufacturers are lighter than a conventional enclosed (non-clam shell style). I noticed this when I first went from a 11ft Triton tilt bed enclosed to the Mission 2 place in line. Mileage pulling the clam shell was much better than the inline. With the 2 place inline, I get the same mileage as when I pull my 4 place inline. Just a FYI from personal experience.....
IT FACTOR
Options suck.....at least having to choose which ones to waste money on...........

2005 Chaparral 260 SSi 8.1 Mag B-3
Scuba year 'round
Australia and Iceland