Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jan. 2nd 2018/2019
playing around at work a little bit was looking at the difference between this year and last. even with all the early snow we had the snow depth for the state is horrible. kinda makes me not regret unloading the sled for a sxs. I still love to ride but damn. with the price or snowmobiles and lodging the sport has grown into something simply not worth my money. just my 2cents. but the maps are quite intrasonte.

P.S.
someone ride somewhere I want to see some pics and you tube content!
A Ski-Doo with nitrous is like a girl with an STD
you want to hit it bad but are afraid of the consequences. 
Very good point RD, but good 'ol NYS has their head up their butt when it comes to SxS and not allowing them to be reg and ridden on the atv trail network. Who I really feel sorry for is folks who bought new sleds and seeing no snow to ride on pretty much everywhere unless you want to ytruck 'em some distance to ride. Personally, I cannot fit a SxS in the GM (height) and unable to ride from the house so it would have to be trucked someplace too. In the meantime, having been sledding for prit near past 40+ years, it's a hard thing to quit doing (at least right now). Currently the sleds and trailer are all paid for so really not costing me anything right now to have them sit besides the garage. Yes the itch to get a new one is there, but really nothing wrong w/ current ones either----'cept the oldest one is 12 years old now w/ just under 5k miles but still runs like a top. There will come a day I'll have to give it up I'm sure. Looking not too far down the road, sadly, I'll be tossing my keys on the hook for my full time job and $$$ won't be as prevalent as it right now, so days of major purchases have to be done diligently going forward. Perhaps then, I'll get a SxS and be able to help whatever clubs are left w/ trail work and not do any sledding. Memories of great rides, great times with great people will always be with me though.
Snowmobile America. Founded by snowmobilers for snowmobilers.
Pondering more on new bike come Spring, fuck it ain't taking no $$$ with me..... That should kill the nice Summer right? Smile
"Under the lights where we stand tall nobody touches us at all.
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within- gonna take what's ours to have so spread the word throughout the land.
They say the bad guys wear black, we're tagged and can't go back". ~Pantera
Did I see someplace recently that BRP is coming out w/ another type of bike? Perhaps based off their whatever it is they have now?
(01-04-2019, 06:08 PM)eltigre Wrote: Did I see someplace recently that BRP is coming out w/ another type of bike? Perhaps based off their whatever it is they have now?
Left over parts from previous year sleds, inventory guys + engineers brain storm about how to throw them on a new model yet still charge the BRP prices.
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within- gonna take what's ours to have so spread the word throughout the land.
(01-08-2019, 01:57 PM)cowboy from hell Wrote:
(01-04-2019, 06:08 PM)eltigre Wrote: Did I see someplace recently that BRP is coming out w/ another type of bike? Perhaps based off their whatever it is they have now?
Left over parts from previous year sleds, inventory guys + engineers brain storm about how to throw them on a new model yet still charge the BRP prices.

LMFBO
A Ski-Doo with nitrous is like a girl with an STD
you want to hit it bad but are afraid of the consequences. 
2019 Z900 keeps reaching out, wanting me to pull the trigger on it.
A venture to up Brewerton likely, kick tires & throw some #s around.
Give me a heads up if your thinking of coming up. Meet up for a ice tea/soda?