Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire
The hydrant that night was probably frozen. Very unfortunate. It became unfrozen with the movement of all the water to the hydrant down the street. I guarantee all the fireman there know how to use a hydrant upside down and backwards. If the other hydrant started as a trickle it was partially frozen. Running water made it defrost . With the constant cold this year I am not suprised. That is why they have the water basins they set up and use tankers to haul water to them. I do not have a hydrant near my house for miles. In rural areas that is their only option. Manlius has paid firemen on staff. They did their best with the options they had!!
So why comment teach them "lefty loosey, righty tighty" if they had an available hydrant open & water going into a portable pond?
"Under the lights where we stand tall nobody touches us at all.
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within- gonna take what's ours to have so spread the word throughout the land.
They say the bad guys wear black, we're tagged and can't go back". ~Pantera
I think the lefty loosey is a joke. In my opinion 20 min is way to long for a response time vol or paid. Didn't I just read Manlius wants a new 10.8 mil fire house? Just very lucky no one was killed in the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(03-28-2015, 03:45 PM)polarisfan Wrote: The hydrant that night was probably frozen. Very unfortunate. It became unfrozen with the movement of all the water to the hydrant down the street. I guarantee all the fireman there know how to use a hydrant upside down and backwards. If the other hydrant started as a trickle it was partially frozen. Running water made it defrost . With the constant cold this year I am not suprised. That is why they have the water basins they set up and use tankers to haul water to them. I do not have a hydrant near my house for miles. In rural areas that is their only option. Manlius has paid firemen on staff. They did their best with the options they had!!

Makes sense.

(03-28-2015, 08:08 PM)cowboy from hell Wrote: So why comment teach them "lefty loosey, righty tighty" if they had an available hydrant open & water going into a portable pond?

It was a joke.

(03-28-2015, 10:12 PM)Grassman24 Wrote: I think the lefty loosey is a joke. In my opinion 20 min is way to long for a response time vol or paid. Didn't I just read Manlius wants a new 10.8 mil fire house? Just very lucky no one was killed in the fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was approved. My taxes will go up $300 a year.