Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 500ss running wierd
so after last nights ride im at a loss as to what my problem is. running on one cylinder randomly. sled bogs down so I checked plugs like always and this time they are dry as could be? idk what the hell is going on.

Coil going bad? needle and seats still my problem? or chiped/cracked piston/ring. getting a compression tester today to test that if that's not It im going to tear into my stator.

any other ideas?
A Ski-Doo with nitrous is like a girl with an STD
you want to hit it bad but are afraid of the consequences. 
Season is too short to be screwing around with this kind of thing your self. You will eventually figure it out but probably miss a lot of riding in the meantime. I would bring it somewhere and let them fix it.
Unfortunately you are 100% right. But....if I had the money to bring it somewhere I would say foof it and buy a new to me sled lol.

It's not that I can't fix it.it's just that the sled has been so good to me over the years, now that something is wrong I'm pissed bc it's never happened before.
Have you called the dealership to ask them what they thought it might be? Fuel pump good? All your fuel lines in good shape? Pin hole someplace or old enough they are weak and begin to collapse when warm? Just throwing random things out there to check. I hope you can figure it out
(03-06-2015, 07:34 PM)polarisfan Wrote: Have you called the dealership to ask them what they thought it might be? Fuel pump good? All your fuel lines in good shape? Pin hole someplace or old enough they are weak and begin to collapse when warm?  Just throwing random things out there to check. I hope you can figure it out

Yea, that's a good idea.  My dealer correctly diagnosed my bad coil over the phone.

Hey Kyle - you were right about Nina's in Sherburne.  Good food and lots of it.
Yes I called my dealer they asked me to compression test and see.. both cylinders were at 150 so that wasn't it. It must be some kind of electrical problem.
Idk were to start. Tested the stator to the best of my ability. It has ohms flowing so I'm thinking start with ignition coil. Then stator.
Season may be short & missing riding time sucks BUT is it something that might be leaving you trailside 1/4ing up a wolf with Stewie or doing more damage and cost bigger $$$$.
50/50 gamble.
Ride it till it shits & see where your at.
"Under the lights where we stand tall nobody touches us at all.
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within- gonna take what's ours to have so spread the word throughout the land.
They say the bad guys wear black, we're tagged and can't go back". ~Pantera
is there any relation to how much fuel is in the tank?
I have seen where the pickup tubes in the tank have been rotting off from this ethanol fuel.
No I don't believe so. I almost pulled the filter out of the tank the other day. It's a screen inside the tank