Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keeping squirrels out of oak tree.....HELP
I need help!! Squirrels are eating tips off end of branches instead of just eating the acorns and thus wrecking havoc w/the tree. Last fall was really bad. Unable to use a 22 w/ birdshot cause I live in a housing tract/cul-de-sac, air rifle.....maybe. Was thinking of somehow rigging up a 2' section of flashing around trunk and attaching an electric fence controller to it.

Am open to any/all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

ET
Snowmobile America. Founded by snowmobilers for snowmobilers.
Good luck!! They are building nests with them. I would spray them with the hose with a high pressure nozzle. They are not fans of water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
air rifle?
gamo whisper
Thanks Gman and IR. I have a pellet/bb rifle which is about as accurate as the weatherman is at predicting the weather. Do like the Gamo gun.
Snowmobile America. Founded by snowmobilers for snowmobilers.
Good ole' Walmart coming through!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't blame the gun, blame the person behind it.
Try attaching a 50' 5/16 aircraft cable with a pitbull on the other end of it. Smile

Or move to the country, we shoot everything- except the fuzzy lawn maintainers.
"Under the lights where we stand tall nobody touches us at all.
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within- gonna take what's ours to have so spread the word throughout the land.
They say the bad guys wear black, we're tagged and can't go back". ~Pantera
I hate squirrels.
(09-02-2014, 11:53 AM)eltigre Wrote: I need help!! Squirrels are eating tips off end of branches instead of just eating the acorns and thus wrecking havoc w/the tree. Last fall was really bad. Unable to use a 22 w/ birdshot cause I live in a housing tract/cul-de-sac, air rifle.....maybe. Was thinking of somehow rigging up a 2' section of flashing around trunk and attaching an electric fence controller to it.

Am open to any/all suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

ET
Yes! you can used electric fence controller to it