Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overloaded.....Nah, it's a truck, I can tow anything!
Saw some guy at Lowes today w/ a Cadillac Avalanche or whatever it's called, but was the Caddy version and he had Lowes put on what appeared to be about a ton of something as it stood above cab by a few feet and the receiver for trailer was literally no more than 8" off the ground. Safe by no means. Tailgate open and load not strapped down. Glad I was going the other way.
Snowmobile America. Founded by snowmobilers for snowmobilers.
I was following a garbage truck on 481 last week when it blew a tire. I got pelted with pieces of pissed off tire and had to swerve to miss the main chunk. Would have hated to have been on a bike (Greg Davis).
(05-19-2014, 07:52 PM)Munson15 Wrote: I was following a garbage truck on 481 last week when it blew a tire. I got pelted with pieces of pissed off tire and had to swerve to miss the main chunk. Would have hated to have been on a bike (Greg Davis).

Good thing you were not right next to it as you'd be changing your undies due to a unmentionable stain when it blew. Truck tires have anywheres from 95-110PSI in them. Most blown tires are due to under inflation. My wife used to just hang by LR corner of truck in passing lane instead of gettin' on it and passing. Asked her why she was just hanging and not passing. Got some answer, but when I told her most truckers will move to the right side of their lane so as to lesson the wind turbulance and give you a bit more room. But stay there long enough and then the truck somehow starts to hug the dotted line or in your lane, basically telling you "Get the heck outta there". Plus you don't want to be next to the tires in case one goes as your sitting prit near eye level with them. IT WILL SCARE THE SHIT out of you and could just cause you to lose control of your vehicle. She hasn't done it since. Rest of her family does though.
Snowmobile America. Founded by snowmobilers for snowmobilers.
I don't like following trucks anyways, those 2 words 'wind turbulance' sucks.
Dump trucks coming in the other lane seem to be the worst & Fred Burrows has a million of them on the road Wink
"Under the lights where we stand tall nobody touches us at all.
Showdown, shootout, spread fear within- gonna take what's ours to have so spread the word throughout the land.
They say the bad guys wear black, we're tagged and can't go back". ~Pantera
(05-19-2014, 07:52 PM)Munson15 Wrote: I was following a garbage truck on 481 last week when it blew a tire.  I got pelted with pieces of pissed off tire and had to swerve to miss the main chunk.  Would have hated to have been on a bike (Greg Davis).

That sounds scary.