Snowmobile America Forum

Full Version: check your trailers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking over my older aluminum trailer and I found the main frame rail to be cracked. this is a pretty common issue from the steel against aluminum creating oxidation. here are some pictures of where they crack, and the repair I made to fix it.
That's a good size crack. Good looking repair job too Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did the gasket between the steel and Aluminum wear away? Wondering if there is anything I should do to prevent that problem.
(09-07-2014, 10:59 AM)Munson15 Wrote: [ -> ]Did the gasket between the steel and Aluminum wear away? Wondering if there is anything I should do to prevent that problem.
they stopped the rubber between the bolt holes, they just didn't make it long enough. my other suspicion that a lot of them crack there is that the axle mount is to short, putting to much stress on a short area.

(09-07-2014, 10:27 AM)Grassman24 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a good size crack. Good looking repair job too Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it was busted all of the way around, not just one side. also the rail on the other side was cracked on the bottom.
To tag along MMS post here, don't forget to check your trailers lights to make sure they work. Followed one to Redfield and only 1 middle rear light (of 3 in center cluster) and left stop/turn/marker light worked. Right didn't work at all. Then once off 81, saw one trailer going west on 31 and he didn't have light 1 on trailer (lil after 6pm).
Nice repair job. I'm actually browsing 4Wheelonline for winch and towing accessories.
How did you fix it?
The rust looks bad.